Re: Topband: WHAT IS THE BEST

To: FireBrick <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: WHAT IS THE BEST
From: John Bastin <bastinj@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:43:29 -0500
On Dec 6, 2007, at 15:57 , FireBrick wrote:

> high power TUNER for 160 meters.
>
> Antenna is a inverted L with insufficient radials.
> 40-50 vertical approx 60 horizontal.
> That's the best I can do, my urban lot won't allow any more.

I've had excellent luck with the TenTec 238B. When my MT3000A
basically fell on its face trying to match some of my 160 meter
antenna efforts, I looked around and compared specifications and
reviews and settled on the 238B. It tunes a wide range of impedances
when called upon to do so, and a nice feature is the terminals
provided to allow the connection of additional external capacitance
to the circuit when necessary.

<http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/Tuners>

Hope this helps.

73,