Topband: VK3IO This morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VK3IO This morning
From: "VE3MGY" <vy2mgy@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 08:56:47 -0500
Ron ( VK3IO ) was a 589 this morning in VE3 on the TX antenna and even a 549
on the 270 beverage without preamping. It was the loudest I have heard him.
By the sound of the pileup he was being heard from pretty much coast to
coast in the USA. As if on schedule there was a Geomagnetic Storm in
progress that had started just a few hours before and Boulder CO was
reporting a Kp of 5 at the time Ron was on. I even got a 569 with my 100
watts so the Daylight QSO bunch may get some added distance today at ~1800z.

73
Brian
VE3MGY