Topband: 160 Meter Contest Condition

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 Meter Contest Condition
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <chasshaw@leaco.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:03:07 +0000
Howdy to All,

        I have already read several reports of excellent DX conditions
during the CQWW 160M contest this weekend. There is no doubt in my
mind that DX was better here than in any previous 160 contest I've
worked.  That includes 26 CQWW 160CW (beginning in 1979),  25 ARRL
160M,  and the 12 Stew Perry TBDC tests.  [A very close second choice
would be the one night of the 1979 SP TBDC.]

        Saturday evening, European DX was 559 and better an hour before my
sunset and continued until I closed down at 0600Z.  The two nights
(about 16 hours operating) gained three new entities for me, and I
worked 49 States (missed KH6), most of Canada, and 43 other
entities.  It was unbelievably free of static noise, and many DX
signals sounded like my neighbors here in New Mexico.  To top this
all off, I was answered by Robin, WA6CDR/MM just before my sunrise
today. I'm sure we all hope he gets more of these conditions while
he's on Ducie.

        Hope you got some super DX.  These conditions may continue; I'll be
watching.

73,
Charles - N5UL
Hobbs, NM