Topband: OZ7YY

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: OZ7YY
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(k5MWH) Watson" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:52:16 -0600
Good Morning All:

For those who have worked OZ7YY and are waiting
for him to upload to LOTW, It will not happen
unless you worked him in a contest. I sent an
e-mail asking him to upload, and received the following:
______________________________

Dear Mike,

Sorry, I only use LOTW for my contestlog.

My QSL policy is:
Contest QSO´s Direct with SASE or LOTW.
All other QSO´s via bureau or direct with SASE.
All direct cards mostly answered same day I receive them.

I do not like LOTW because it is too expensive for me to use.
When ARRL makes it so that it is cheaper for me to use LOTW than to send the
cards to our local DXCC check point, then I will put all my logs on LOTW.

The reason why I put my contestlog on LOTW is: Every year when I join the CQ
160 mtr contest, I get about 4 inches of QSL´s from the same DL and OK
stations as I sent QSL card to last year and the year before and the year
before that and..............

Hope you can accept my policy, I will put it on QRZ.com very soon.

By the way the QSO is OK in my log, just send me the card the same way as
you want it back.

I made 1431 QSO´s in the contest, 44 states and provinces and 83 entities.
So far 287 worked on 160 with 286 confirmed.

Vy 73
Finn
OZ7YY
Get your cards, G$, and envelopes out if you did not work him in a contest.

73,
Mike, W5UC
**age & treachery will overcome youth & skill**
**Management is the cesspool of life.
    It's the place where the big chunks float to the top.**
** http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/ **