Topband: DSL line disconnect on topband

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DSL line disconnect on topband
From: "N2TK" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 09:31:37 -0500
When I use a Netgear WGT624 v2 wired/wireless router I get a disconnect with
DXBase when I transmit more than about 30W on 80 and 160M. I have tried
ferrite everywhere and filters to no avail. It doesn't matter if I am using
it wired or wireless.
I replaced the  router with an older wired Linksys BEFSR41. No problems.
Can't get it to disconnect no matter how much power I am running on 80 and
160M without using any filters. .

I am inclined to buy a wired/wireless Linksys router as it is easier in the
shack if I can have both wired and wireless.

The question - Do you think the problem is a Netgear problem or having the
capability in a router for wireless? Has anyone seen this problem with a
Linksys wireless router?

73,
N2TK, Tony