Topband: Overcoming QRN

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Overcoming QRN
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:24:23 -0800 (PST)
The K9AY is very useful in reducing QRN. That is what I used Tuesday
night/Wednesday morning to work VP6DX through the lightening crashes.

  Another antenna to try is a beverage on the ground (BOG).

  I also have the 1000mp Mark v here. I find that the lowest setting "A" on the
EDSP often helps reduce the QRN severity. You have to experiment quite a bit
with the DSP settings but they can be useful.

  73, Dennis W0JX/8
  Milan, Ohio