Re: Topband: Hy Gain Hy Tower Fire (K7XQ)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Hy Gain Hy Tower Fire (K7XQ)
From: Greg Chartrand <w7my@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:27:11 -0800 (PST)
Jeff,

This is a common problem with the "old" style 160 modification. The current
design attaches a horizontal wire at the top of the tower making it an inverted
L.

I have a souped up version of a Hy-Tower with a longer whip and top loading
wires. It apparently moves the high voltage point into the whip/top loading
wires so I don't have any problem with my insulators.
-
http://webpages.charter.net/w7my/page2.html

73's,
Greg