Topband: Using the MFJ 1025/1026 for ?Null steering?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Using the MFJ 1025/1026 for ?Null steering?
From: g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:52:13 -0000 (GMT)
I am in the process of  building  an end fed  2 x EWE array.
Rather than deploying  ?fixed phasing? i.e. coaxial lines, using the cross
fire principle as an example, I want to use the flexibility of the MFJ
1025/1026 to ? Electronically steer? an  end fire EWE array.
I can find on google  and here, a wealth of information regarding fine
tuning and setup if the MFJ1025/1026 is being used as a noise canceller,
but little on users experience using it to  improve front to back and
steer nulls in a  (end fire) array. If you are using the MFJ unit to steer
your array, I?d like to hear your experiences, does it work and provide
the flexibility required?
Would I also assume one  just runs the two separate random  lengths of
coax from each EWE  back to the MFJ unit for ?electronic phasing?  or do
those two lengths need to be equal?or of a particular length/phase
relationship??

Thanks as always for your time.

Neil G0JHC