Topband: Good Morning in CA

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Good Morning in CA
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:25:12 -0700
Signals were quite good in Santa Cruz this morning (70 miles south of
the Golden Gate Bridge). VK6ABL was solid copy for more than an hour,
and answered my first call at 1240Z, and said on the cluster I was
still S3 at 1415Z, a half hour after my sunrise. I heard Phil work
W7RH (AZ), W7OE and WA7BLV (Spokane), and UA0IBO. Vasily was 549
here, but never found my CQ 5 kHz down the band. XU7ACY was solid
here for about ten minutes just before my sunrise. He seemed to be
hearing me respond -- his CQs resumed when I stopped calling -- but
no QSO. Later worked three JA, including JH1CHA, who was a solid 599
on my TX vertical!

73,

Jim K9YC