Re: Topband: radial wire

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: radial wire
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 02:16:04 -0400
I had wonderful fortune in obtaining wire by asking a telephone
repairman if they had any they wanted to get rid of. I saw a tele Co
truck stopped & a single employee having a lunch break. I stopped my
car & asked him if there was any extra wire he could part with.

He gave me a roll of "drop line" which looks like zip cord for two
conductor lights but the wire is copper jacketed steel. I've pulled
about 400' from it and it looks as thick as when I started. I used a
sharp knife & cut the pair into two.

Lotsa great wire & free. I got the feeling from what he said that if
one were to go to their supply depots and ask there for some scrap
wire, it is likely you'll find some surplus available.

YMMV

Good luck!

Gary
KA1J