Re: Topband: Pleasant surprise this morning

To: "David Raymond" <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>, "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pleasant surprise this morning
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:44:56 -0700
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:45:43 -0500, David Raymond wrote:

>Topband brought a pleasant surprise this morning with four JA
>stations in the log.  Two of those stations were first time
>contacts on 160m (JH7PFD and JA3BCT).

I've been lazy about early rising for several months, but in the
last 10 days have been on the air 30-60 minutes before sunrise,
sometimes earlier. Most days, VK6ABL and I can work. On a good day,
he'll peak 559; on a bad one (today), 229. Yesterday was the first
in the last ten when I didn't hear him at all. The cluster tells me
it's a 9,100 mile path. I got into the shack at 1320 this morning,
and stayed on 160 until 1400. I heard no JA stations at all this
morning. Then I went to 80, where I worked JA, BX, and HL in a few
minutes.

73,

Jim K9YC