Re: Topband: Content filtered message notification

To: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>, "Raoul Coetzee" <raoulc@smmcape.co.za>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Content filtered message notification
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:37:39 -0400
On 15th April, Bill (W4ZV) wrote...

"...My solution was a shorted 1/4 wave stub for 160 at the output of my
amplifier..."

********************************

A most simple --- but effective! --- solution to what CAN be a vexxing
problem, Bill & Raoul...!

Some years ago, our local Field Day 40-meter CW tent was continually
barraged with adjacent harmonically-related QRM & splatter from the on-site
80 CW group, as well as the 75-meter 'phone boys...similarly, we'd be on the
receiving end of complaints from the guys operating on 20-meters (when you
crowd some 10 stations on a relatively small property, and operate all at
the same time, there is BOUND to be difficulty).

Like yours, our solution was a simple 40-meter 1/4-wave shorted stub,
mounted right at the output of our transceiver by way of a "tee" connector.
It made FD life "bearable", for our tent at least...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ