Topband: Radial ground staples

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Radial ground staples
From: Dave Blaschke <w5un@wt.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 02:16:09 +0000
I have made my own staples by going to WalMart, purchasing 100' rolls
of 14 gauge galvanized wire (Bulldog hardware # HI-960) that I found
in their hardware section. I cut mine in 8" lengths and bend. One
roll makes 150 staples in pretty short order. I found this to be a
lot less expensive than buying the preformed staples. Plus, you can
make them any length you wish.

There are other wire sources I have found on the web where one can
purchase greater lengths of this type of wire for a very reasonable price.

Dave, W5UN