Topband: Outdoor coax and connectors

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Outdoor coax and connectors
From: "John Harden, D.M.D." <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:45:05 -0400
Dear all,

I have converted over to RG-6/U Quad shield from Home Depot. It is cheap &
low loss. I have also converted over to the “F” connector.

I use waterproof F connectors with a compression tool from the local radio
supply house.

I have also gone to the DX Engineering reversible beverage system as it is
superior. After all it was designed by W8JI.

My receive situation on 160 is by far better now than it has ever been and
my beverages are shorter than ideal.

73,

John, W4NU

Checked by AVG.