Re: Topband: power

To: "Bob Eldridge" <r.c.eldridge@ieee.org>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: power
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 23:10:46 -0500
> Beverages.
>
> I guess I was lucky to live in the glory days of 160. I hope they come
> again.
>
> Bob VE7BS

Hi Bob,

Nice to see your comments on the reflector. They will come again ! ! !

It was nice to operate at BY1QH in '98 with Merv K9FD. Most contacts were on
160.
It was interesting to hear the signals: WA, OR and North CA = S9
South CA and UT and CO = S7
Midwest W0 and W9,  nothing East of the Mississippi except WB9Z. N4CC and
K9YY.
Signals from the midwest were a bit over ESP. We had to stay with one call
until could copy.
 their call. That was perhaps 5 to 15 min.

73 de Price WØRI