Re: Topband: FT1000 MKV Filters

To: "Raoul Coetzee" <raoulc@smmcape.co.za>,topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT1000 MKV Filters
From: G3SVL <Chris@G3SVL.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:24:47 +0100
At 09:28 25/07/2008, you wrote:
>I have currently a 500Hz Collins filter and a 250Hz Yaesu filter installed
>in the main receiver of my FT 1000 MkV. ....... Any opinion on the
>second IF filters and receiver improvement for 160m using the MKV
>would be welcome.

Raoul,

It's not just the filter that matters, its the filter skirt response
too.  I have 2 x 400Hz INRADS in my MkV (one in each IF) and another
in the sub rx.    IMO the INRAD 400's are a better option than the
Yaesu 250's because of their tighter skirts.

Agree if you do not have nearby close-in signals the roofing filter
is not really worth the cost.

73 Chris, G3SVL