Re: Topband: Minimum distance of noise generator

Subject: Re: Topband: Minimum distance of noise generator
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:43:18 -0700
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:48:04AM +0200, Ulrich Weiss wrote:

DJ2YA asks:

> what is the minimum distance (in wavelengths) for reliable (far field)
> results???

I am sure there are experts with better opinions than mine - but I have
made most of my measurements around 15 or so wavelengths.  I have made
some as close as 3 wavelengths and feel I got useful results.

Perhaps the measured gain is lower than the "real" gain if you get too
close, there was still a good correlation to the pattern.

Tree