Topband: Noise Cancellers performance

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noise Cancellers performance
From: "Neil Carr G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 17:52:56 +0100
I have used the MFJ 1026 for about 9 months now, picked one up on ebay for
around $130, it did little (nothing) for me until I (recently) started using
a 66ft 80m vertical as the sense Ant. Prior to that I used a 160m long wire,
or EWE pointing at my noise source (A power station 1 mile away), or a noisy
Beverage (again pointing at the power source).

Since using the 80m vertical, the until has become more useful, allowing
(slightly) better copy of (some) signals. The jury is still out here. I've
not worked a new DXCC due to using  one, put it like that.

Would I pay $500 for  a "better one" ?  Id need to see a lot of reports here
saying its worked "you" 10+ DXCC you wouldn't have worked otherwise, first.

Neil G0JHC