Topband: "VE3" Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "VE3" Report
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:31:18 -0400
Good Morning All,

Casual tuning across the band revealed an "FM5" holding court in the midst of a
moderately-sized CW pile-up last night...and this morning I heard KL7RA working
the deserving, right at my sunrise.

All this on my south terminated Beverage, too! I was surprised at how
relatively static-free the band was on both occasions, especially this morning.

Nothing "air worthy" here just yet: far too many pre-winter outdoor household
chores  to complete first. When lawn "harvesting" finally ends here at the end
of October, I'll have to relace one of my "L" elements (a wind casualty of this
past Spring), and cut more radial wires from the 1000' spool of NOS zip cord
that I found at a yard sale this summer --- for a mere ten bucks!

We'll see you all in the pile-ups soon enough...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ