Topband: I'm bk on 160m & heard VK3ZL this morning ! de VE9AA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: I'm bk on 160m & heard VK3ZL this morning ! de VE9AA
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:25:56 -0300
Well, hello all. Mike in NB here.  Previously was in FN65 in a cedar swamp.
Low inverted L and a dozen radials
inn/on the mooshy ground and now I am in FN66 on a hilltop with very rocky
ground underneath.  Good for 6m, but not so much for 160m.

I am back on 160m after being away for years.....I just have an Alpha-Delta
DX-A twin sloper off the side of my tower @ the 30' mark and have worked a
few EU's with 1.2kW and this LOW antenna.

This morning near my sunrise I heard VK3ZL working N7DD. . . .about RST
39  - - very exciting !

I have tried shunt feeding my tower (need to attach the gamma a little
higher) and other antennas over the past month, but the A-D twin seems best
so far.

Great to be back on "TOP". . . . .now to work on a real antenna !

73 de Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith
699 Rte 616 Keswick Ridge
NB