Re: Topband: MT report

To: W7lr@aol.com,topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: MT report
From: Charles Bibb <zedkay@telepak.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 17:27:01 -0500
At 02:00 PM 10/2/2008, W7lr@aol.com wrote:
>Tree and I
>don't believe that there were many other W qsos last  night.

I think the reason you didn't hear many/any other W's calling was
because there was a LARGE line of thunderstorms parked off the east
coast at that time.  You guys must have been far enough away from the
lightning that it wasn't as bothersome as it was here. I saw the
spots and listened for them, but heard nothing, not even the
Europeans calling.  They would have had to have been VERY loud to
make it through all that QRN.

The lightning strike map looks clearer now.  Hopefully tonight will be better.

73,
Charles - K5ZK