Re: Topband: "T"

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: "T"
From: "Victor A. Kean, Jr." <vkean@k1lt.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:41:37 -0400
I have a "T" antenna that consists of 65 feet of aluminum
tower and mast, and about 140 feet total of top hat wire.
So, in my case, the vertical part plus half the top hat
add to approximately a quarter wave.  BTW, I chose this
height because it was the best I could do cheaply, and
also because the feed impedance is roughly 18 ohms, which
is roughly 1/4 of 75 ohm, which means I can use a rather
efficient 4:1 transmission line transformer for matching.
This vertical works against 75 125 foot radials, and seems
to get out rather well.

Victor, K1LT