Topband: ZL LP from UK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZL LP from UK
From: "Neil Carr G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 12:05:31 +0100
Experienced my 1st ZL LP on 160m this morning.  ZL3NW answered a CQ 2 mins
after SR, followed by ZL3IX @ 0634z. I?ve never been able to hear these guys
?the other way? at UK Sunset, during my 1st year on 160m, that?s when SE UK
have them (Im on the NW Coast),  ZL3IX was a true 599 for 2-3mins.  His
sunset was approx 0645 I think.   Don?t often get on during the night/SR, so
not sure how rare the ZL path is over South America, at SR, I?m told it only
laps over for 3-4 weeks around now on the LP and favours my area. Always
learning something new.  Certainly my best DX on 160.

A public ?thank you? to Greg ZL3IX and John G3PQA for encouraging me to try
?the other way?, after many failed attempts SP last spring.
However, you were both about 5-6 minutes out with your predicted time slot.
Never mind.

Neil G0JHC