Re: Topband: Inverted "L" vs." T"

To: <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted "L" vs." T"
From: "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:18:47 -0400
K8DO wrote:

"For various reasons I have come to favor elevated radials for 160...
In fact, my current 160 antenna has a single quarter wave, elevated radial
under the vertical... The antenna works."

Great data Denny....I use  130' ROG (radial on ground) radials of insulated
#12 solid but have been grounding the far end with 6 inch spikes (nails).  I
have since learned that it may be better not to have a ground connection on
a ROG radial end.  I also  would like to have this info verified, that a ROG
insulated radial can be significantly shortened (similar to the BOG Beverage
velocity factor consideration) and that 80% radials will work and perhaps
even better than and electrical 1/4 wave wire laying on the ground.

Any help on this question is appreciated.

Herb, KV4FZ