Topband: 1827 or thereabouts

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 1827 or thereabouts
From: "Kerry Rochester" <kerry.rochester@sky.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:17:54 -0000
Hi all
Recently 1827 or thereabouts has been the favourite freq for 2 well known and
needed operations. Sticking it out on one freq for the duration of a whole
DXped can be a problem for those wanting to work it. Almost all DXer's have one
freq or another on any given band that they can't hear on due to local
interference. Here in North London it's the HUGE intermod that appears from 400
& 125kw BC stations mixing at a site (o/s of my rx) 5 miles from here
(Brookmans Park). I can hear that across my Orion at a minimum of 500hz up and
down of 27. I know that in the US there are problems with certain freq's and
would urge all to think about the implications (for those wanting to work them)
of DXped's using the same freq for a whole 2 weeks or whatever duration. Thanks
for your time. 73's Kerry - G0LCS