Re: Topband: Phased Verticals

To: "Clive GM3POI" <gm3poi2@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Phased Verticals
From: vhfplus@bmg50.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:09:33 -0800 (PST)
> Is there anyone on the reflector using 3/8 wave spaced 1/4 wave verticals.
> I have a couple of questions as I'm thinking of going that path here.
> 73 Clive GM3POI

Please share any responses, Clive! I have a 65-foot, top-loaded
(tee-wire), vertical on 160 and a 65-foot vertical on 80 which is 200-feet
away. I have been considering the possibility of using this as a phased
array on 160 (and, maybe, on 80).

I know what possible pattern combinations can be expected with 1/4-wave
elements but can find no information on the effect of base loading the
80-meter vertical to resonance on 160 for the second element in the array.
I have no experience with any of the antenna design programs. Perhaps this
is my opportunity to learn.

73,

Jack, W6NF