Topband: strange conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: strange conditions
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 08:26:33 -1000
There have been several people mention the strange or
different conditions lately on top band.
There have been some great conditions as well,  last
nite must have been good to the west coast,  but the
propagation stopped there,  I could not hear a peep
out of most of the EU stations that were on.

This morning for sunrise it came this way again,  I
worked 27 stations and missed many more due to
QSB.  Would catch a letter or two and then QSB
down to zero.

But the interesting condtions were I worked UU1AZ
at 1549Z,  then after my sunrise which is 1633 I had the
receiver parked on 1821.  band was quiet and I
was working on logs and email.  Out of the noise
at 1730 I hear UU1AZ calling cq,  we worked again,
an hour after sunrise.  Quite unusual conditions.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6