Topband: Is my bandswitch wrong? - Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Is my bandswitch wrong? - Boring Report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:02:35 -0800
Dear Topbanders-

I have just enjoyed the most fantastic weekend on topband I have ever had.

Feels like my bandswitch is really on 40 meters?

I hope many of you were able to get on the band and work some DX.  It seems
I am in a good place right now as I am enjoying good openings to Europe during
morning, afternoon and evening.

As reported earlier - I was working Europe and hour before sunset on my
Saturday afternoon.  This was after a fantastic morning opening which was
followed up by another good opening on my Sunday (with 11 stations in the
log).

However, the best was yet to come as no fewer than 46 European calls made it
into my log last night.  This included working OZ1LXJ with 100 watts.  John
paid me back by later working me with 10 watts!!!

Many new stations made it in the log.

This morning - signals were again coming in over the pole and I worked another
dozen stations - including two stations in Zone 17 that I hadn't worked before
(UA9NN and RU9TO).  Also - OZ1LXJ showed up again in the log - a tough path
for the morning opening.  This was from 1330 to 1500z.

We are all holding our breath to see if these good conditions can possibly
continue into the CQ WW 160 contest.  If so - I am sure there will be a lot
of new records set on the band.

73 Tree N6TR/7
Boring, OR