Topband: TP good CONDX now!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: TP good CONDX now!
From: cris blak <cyo3fff@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:22:53 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

As previously notified you, today, with the Sun at 1 degree elevation I hear
France Info (1557KHz) and the BBC (648KHz) loud and clear in the car. France
Info about 1500Km E-W path and BBC about 2100Km on a NW-SE path. This is a new
trigger for another period with good propagation on TP. The New Moon is tonight
and its Apogee on 29th. The solar wind start increasing on 25th and will have a
maximum on the 29th.
Below you can see:

Solar wind increasing event on 25th:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ace/MAG_SWEPAM_7d.html

This was the trigger of the good propagation on TP.

Another interesting observation is that we look to the electron density which
is not the right term to trigger the major changes in ionosphere. As can be
seen below, the 25th event will not affect the electron density but trigger an
proton perturbation!
Proton event at:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ace/Epam_7d.gif
Much clear proton event:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ace/Epam_p_7d.gif

For now, I think this is the right cause for the good propagation on lower
frequencies (proton perturbation, not K; Kp; A-index; etc.). More observation
should follow.

Have a look tonight/morning on TP and the following days. I'm sure that in the
weekend will be a good propagation on TP if the Sun will be quiet!

Good weekend and hopefully I'll be QRV too.

73 de YO3FFF
Cristi