Re: Topband: More 160M JA History (Viewed from the NA side)

To: <K1ZM@aol.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: More 160M JA History (Viewed from the NA side)
From: "Dave Sharred" <g3nkc@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:50:51 -0000
That's an interesting history Jeff;   and I REALLY ought to buy your book
(maybe a XMAS present!)

I never meant to underrate Frank's achievement by the way ,  that was very
good achievement, and he should be congratulated for it !  It was just that
I remembered Mike VO1KE from his consistent signals, and I guess many
mentions in Stew Perry's "Bull's". I had him down as a big gun, due to his
consistently strong sigs into EU

I drafted this note, then saw your later one detailing Loran freq's. You
didn't say where they were; the one up 1950 was always strong in UK, day or
night.

The other issue with JA's when they used 1907-1910 was, in EU , there were
Dacca HiFix beacons (called Jingle Bells !) on and above 1900. Often these
would tale out some of the JA !

Is there an official 160m records page somewhere ?

73

Dave
G3NKC