Topband: Boring report - audio edition

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring report - audio edition
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:19:12 -0800
Sunspots?  These are not welcome.  Maybe someone ordered them for the ARRL
10 meter contest.  They appear to have had an instant effect on the polar
paths.

However, last night - E74AW was active and had a monster pileup.  I am sure
many people were hearing him well and didn't end up working him.  However,
I believe that there will be a lot of activity during the next week from
there - so hopefully many more QSOs will take place.

Two of the QSOs I know Dodo made were with W7LR and myself.  These QSOs
were not easy - and if you are not bandwidth challenged and have about
six minutes, you can listen to my QSO:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/E74AW_QSO_12-12-2008.mp3

This QSO was made SPLIT - up about 2 khz - at 0445 UTC.

E74AW's signal was coming in skew path - perhaps around 90 degrees.

Additionally, I was forwarded another sound file of VY2ZM working some
JAs via long path recently:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/VY2ZMLongpath2008Nov23-2100UTCatJA8ISU.mp3

The CQs in the middle are really amazing.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR