Topband: Odd background Noise

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Odd background Noise
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:52:39 -0800
     Charles it is interesting you note the background noise as described.
 I too hear occasionally noise of similar description. The interesting
 thing is that it sounds a lot like the Chinese OTH radar from a couple
 of years ago. As with you it is very weak and does not seem to
 interfere with any signals. My impression is that it comes from the
 East Pacific area. I most often notice it when beamed to JA  early in
 the a.m. which also covers China etc. At times I have wondered if it
 was artifacts of the Orion DSP radio and other times I am convinced
 it comes from somewhere. It is very low level here.
 Lee  K7TJR  OR