Re: Topband: Coax

To: jhdmd@bellsouth.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Coax
From: w2pm@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:54:15 -0500
>>>From: John Harden, D.M.D. <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
To: topband@contesting.com
Sent: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 7:37 am
Subject: Topband: Coax

For receive I use RG-6/U quad shield from Home Depot. As I recall a 500
foot
roll costs between $50 and $100 (closer to $50). It works great. I use
RG-213/U for XMIT as my runs are less than 100 feet for Top Band.

I use Times Microwave LMR-600 Ultraflex and ½” Andrew Heliax for my 440
MHz
beam at 110 feet. But, as you know that is a requirement at that
frequency.
For Top Band RG-213/U is fine for transmit in most cases.

W2PM Replies:

Check Ebay for RG6 (and connectors, coax, tools, etc.). There are a
number of dealers there with new stuff at excellent prices.  I bought a
500 ft roll of RG6 for 12.99 plus UPS fees.  25.00 for a roll would be
a hi water price.  Ditto of heliax connectors and other items but shop
carefully - some places have off the shelf list prices too.