Topband: Boring report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:18:31 -0800
Hi gang-

Well - things are starting to be a bit more boring on the band now that
the sonic boom from the CQ 160 contest has finally quieted down.

This morning - a milestone was marked - the first VK6 QSO in the N6TR log.
Phil, VK6GX was active and worked me around 1345 UTC.  He had the familar
fast QSB on his signal.  Phil should be more active now that the middle of
summer has passed for him.

I also heard BV1EK - who I worked a few days ago.  Fred didn't seem to be
hearing me well - but I wasn't able to stick around until my sunrise.

Last night was a total washout to Europe, but I did work a handful of
stations on the previous night.  I managed to be RA4LW's first QSO after
his return home from his trip to ER.

I am still QRV most mornings around 1330 looking to see if the path to
Europe is in good shape or not.  During the contest, I was amazed by the
number of zone 17 stations I worked in the mornings - between 1230 - 1430
UTC:  UA9NN, RA9A, UP2L, UA9CDV, UA9MA, UA9CMQ, RK9CZO, RN9MA, RA9MJ,
UA9MDP and RX9CAZ.

73 Tree N6TR/7
Boring, OR