Re: Topband: Beverage termination resistor source

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage termination resistor source
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:33:31 -0800
On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 08:43:09 -0600, John Brosnahan -- W0UN wrote:

>But when you invest all of the
>time and money into a Beverage there are lots of reasons why it pays
>to spend a few bucks for a decent termination.

Yes. It takes me about 20 minutes to hike the forest and ravines over
which my Beverages run to reach their far end, and another half hour or
so to deal with the weatherproofing that protects the termination and
replace a resistor. That, and the fact that it's no fun to have one fail
just before a contest or when you're trying to work a rare one, more than
justifies the cost of using more robust components.

73,

Jim K9YC