Re: Topband: RX antenna switching

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX antenna switching
From: Brad Rehm <bradrehm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:16:05 -0600
> If I want to switch a topband RX antenna among three radios, can I just use
> an ordinary rotary switch, without special attention to maintaining
> impedance, etc.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR

Pete,

Another solution: I use a multi-port amplifier that W8ZR sold a few
years ago in partial kit form.  This box takes one antenna in and has
a preamp that can be switched in and out.

Another built-in amplifier boosts the signal so that it can be
distributed to eight ports without loss.  I connect several receivers
to this box, and all hear the same thing from one antenna.  No antenna
switching is needed.  Strong signal handling is excellent.

Brad, KV5V