Topband: Antenna Tuning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna Tuning
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:58:22 -0500
I am looking at getting an MFJ antenna analyzer and would like to ask the group
(because I am sure there are many users of the
analyzer here) three things:

1. Can you tune an 160m antenna while it is not erected, like laying on the
ground or on a work table with this analyzer, or do you
have to have it installed and in place first and can you tune it with the coax
hooked up or do you have to be at the antenna.

2. Is there that big a difference between the 259 and the 259b to warrant one
over the other?

3. Can you tune a BEV three feet off the ground with one of these?

Thanks for your help,
Bob AD5VJ