Topband: VK9GMW

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: VK9GMW
From: Al Baker <w5iz@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:12:07 -0700 (PDT)
I wanted to salute HA7RY and AA7JV for their persistence in getting to and
putting Mellish Reef on the air despite the threat of severe weather, damage to
the bow pulpit of their boat, and problems with their tent.

The operator this morning on both 160 and 80 was outstanding.  He stuck with
the call he first copied until 100% sure of a complete QSO and he repeated the
call sign both when giving a report and with his TU.  This is most helpful when
there are tuners or callers on the op freq.

These operators really are committed to low bands and know how to delight their
audience.

I know their out-of pocket expenses will exceed their original budget due to
weather delays...so I am sending a donation today and encourage the deserving
to do likewise.

Top Band is really MAGIC and DX ARE!!!

73 de Al, W5IZ