Re: Topband: Beverage feedline

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage feedline
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:25:48 -0400
K3TUF wrote:
> I would need to run the coax along the ground in proximity to the
> beverage...Is there an issue if the feed runs in conduit along
> the ground with a portion of the beverage wire to the feed point?

It should be fine provided you follow guidelines for reducing common-mode
noise, which you should want to do anyway.  Use a matching transformer that
isolates the primary and secondary electrically and use an independent
ground at the Beverage feedpoint.  Run the feedline on the ground or buried
if you so desire (just not floating above the ground).

If you do that, it shouldn't matter where the feedline is routed.  If moving
it a little further away makes a difference, it means your feedline is part
of the antenna.  It is already wrong and there is no "right" way to do that.

This is a non-expert opinion.

73
Tom NI1N