Re: Topband: 1/2 wave tower....

To: wa5pok@peoplepc.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 1/2 wave tower....
From: Sam Morgan <ka5oai@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:54:15 -0500
wa5pok@peoplepc.com wrote:

>> With the possibility of 380' of tower sitting in front of me, the
>> question arises, 2 1/4 waves in phase, or 1 1/2 wave?
> The quickest and
> easiest would be to hang a delta loop off that thing, easy to tune,
> broadband, no radials to mess with, and about a db or so gain.

lets get wild here...
2 ele delta loop point at top and
horizontally fed in middle of bottom of side (base) of triangle
with radiation direction electronically reversible
(maybe around 132 feet from bottom to top)
so how ever high you want it off the ground
add the 132 + desired feed height = tower height
132 + 260 = 392 feet
would put the feedpoint 1/2 wavelength above ground

the boom (spacer) at the top of the tower would be approximately 70 some feet
so make that into a fixed 40m yagi with it's own feedline

if you were to add upper support wires
running from the center pole to the ends of that boom,
I'm sure there's an inverted vee for some frequency lurking there....

all of the above guyed with non inductive material
it's mecanically sound and has no rotor problems

I know, I'll go back to sleep,
but you did ask ......
and no,
I wasn't smoking any of that wacky weed when I thought of this,
damn it
<g>

--
GB & 73