Re: Topband: 1.99?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1.99?
From: "Bob Eldridge" <eldridge@direct.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:02:23 -0700
> 80.  What about the rest of 160m, say up around 1.99 MHz?  Maybe K9LA  or
> NM7M
> could tell us what to expect there?  Perhaps we should try some  tests or
> experiments there?  What does the propagation curve look like  between
> 1.8,
> 1.99, and 3.5 ?

I remember there were such tests many years ago (around 1980 maybe?) and
there did not appear to be any advantage in the higher frequency.  At the
time NM7M expressed the opinion that 2.0 MHz being further from the gyro
frequency probably outweighed any apparent lesser ionic attenuation over
long distance paths.
It would be interesting to give it another try though.

Bob VE7BS