Topband: K7RAT/B signals post SR at VE3MGY

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K7RAT/B signals post SR at VE3MGY
From: "VE3MGY" <vy2mgy@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:23:47 -0400
This morning I monitored from 0845z till 1124z ( SR here was at 1059z ) and
during that time 9.6 was consistently and conspicuously louder than 0.6

When 9.6 was 519 0.6 was ~319 - 419
When 9.6 was 419 0.6 was ~219 - 319
When 9.6 was 319 0.6 was NIL - 219
When 9.6 was 219 0.6 was NIL
9.6 was never completely lost in the noise before SR +25

But here's the interesting part. At1059z MGY had SR. At no time did I see
any pre or post SR peak with either QRG. But since I was still hearing them
I figured I would wait them out until they faded into the noise - which I
thought would be in a couple of minutes. At SR +10 I still had 519 copy on
9.6 whereas 0.6 was intermittent copy ( NIL to 219 ) But at SR +15 I only
had copy on 9.6 and maintained some partial copy between a 219 - 319 until
SR +25 ( 1124z )

73
Brian
VE3MGY