Topband: Fw: Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fw: Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:47:28 -0300
  From: g4puq@aol.com
  To: topband@contesting.com ; dx-qsl@mailman.qth.net
  Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 5:49 AM
  Subject: Topband: Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs

  I wonder if anyone out there can put my mind at ease. After 11 years of
perseverance with my very bent Inv-L, 100w and questionable radials -? I
finally worked my 100th 160m DXCC entity ( JW/SM0MDG) and received my prized
QSL card.

  As far as I am aware 160m cards are not eligible for field checking and
must be submitted to ARRL HQ. I feel a bit uneasy about parting with my
valued cards, what is the best (SAFEST) way of sending my cards to and from
Newington.

  73 Peter G4PUQ

  (Working on improving radials today!)

  Peter,

  I am sure I'll get many grumbles from the list but my own opinion is that
I won't part with my cards.  Even with field checking, I would not even
drive with them 100 miles with them in case of unforseen circumstances and
the loss of cards. Some as you know are not replaceable.  (Owner has become
SK, or country deleted and no ops to QSL etc.)  Yes, my house could burn
down and I could lose them that way I suppose.

  Thus, you won't see my callsign anywhere for 160m dxcc, HF dxcc, mobile
DXCC or even one of the very few Canadian 6m DXCC's.....but I have them all.

  I do know others in the same boat.  *I* know I've worked them, so that's
good enough for me.

  Mike VE9AA

  Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith
  699 Rte 616 Keswick Ridge