Re: Topband: Remote Receiving Antenna

To: Group Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Remote Receiving Antenna
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:56:15 +1200
Hi Rick,

It has been done both ways.  Personally I use a UHF link for my remote.
You need similar equipment to that used in a repeater installation, as
you will need to run full duplex.  The uplink is used to control the
array switching and tune the remote Rx, while the downlink is used to
bring the audio back.

Contact me off list if you would like more details.

73, Greg, ZL3IX