Re: Topband: DX Engineering Receiver 4 Square using W8JI Passive Element

To: "'Dave Robinson'" <ag8b@chartermi.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Engineering Receiver 4 Square using W8JI Passive Elements
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:02:56 -0500
Dave is 100% correct.

After seeing K1LT present a paper at Dayton 2008 where he used the W8JI
short verticals in his 160 meter beam forming vertical array - I switched to
them.

Look at page 14 of his paper

http://www.kkn.net/dayton2008/beam_steering_on_160_meters.pdf

My 92 ft spaced DXE 4 square 160 meter RX array with W8JI short verticals
works great. Very stable and great F/B.

Getting the base of each vertical to 75 ohms +j0 was easy. I used a 68 ohm
resistor with a 31 uH coil - just like K1LT did.

73!
Tim K3LR