Re: Topband: Here's one for ya

To: Gary Nichols <kd9sv@comcast.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Here's one for ya
From: WY7I <WY7I@EARTHLINK.NET>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:59:34 -0600
I think you are correct, Gary. I forgot to put my ICE RF
Limiter/Arrestor in there until after I wrote that note. Believe it or
not, the problem went away! I don't understand it, but it seems to be
that RF current is/was entering the ICOM Pro II through the beverage and
affecting the amp--It wasn't the swr on the xmtr that went up, it was on
the Alpha '87a, which faulted right away. ( I wish I knew how to know it
faults because it is behind me and I have the headphones on most of the
time!)_

Anyway, you were right and I *think* that solved the problem.

Appreciate all the comments!

Paul
WY7I