Re: Topband: FT5GA

To: <k1qx@arrl.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT5GA
From: "Jeff Le Fouler - F6AOJ" <f6aoj@orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:48:16 +0200
Craig,

after one week tests and checks,
the propagation peak from a good station at mid distance between Paris and
Geneva
is between 00:30 and 01:00z, this is unusual !
It is due to the date who is very early in season, we are just 2 weeks after
equinox.
In november, december and january peak is closer from sunrise.

This section of indian ocean is full of small tropical storms right now,
antennas tilt over at least once a week,
so Rx is terrible and k9ay is not enough
so real openning is short
and qso rate very few productive.

You still have until october 8th to make try
73 Jeff F6AOJ Eu-Pilot

http://f6aoj.ao-journal.com/

PS:

in the organisation, i am only an external adviser

i am not a military, so i canot make comand for action