Topband: Opening last nite Oct 14

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Opening last nite Oct 14
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 05:54:19 -1000
Happened into the shack last nite about 0615Z
Could not believe my ears when I tuned across
a 599 signal and heard GM3POI,  at first I thought
it was a west coast station working him,  but he
signed again,  was an honest 599 signal,  Clive was
blasting into kh6 land.  After working him I tuned
around and GM0GAV was also on the band,
several G3 stations,  and R1FJM.
Did not hear any other EU stations.  Quite nice and
interesting propagation,  stateside stations were not
very strong.
Just arrived back home last nite so may have missed
some other good openings,  this AM do not hear any
thing on but UA0, UA9.
73 Merv KH7C