Re: Topband: Best Practices and the Number Game

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Best Practices and the Number Game
From: Art <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:56:04 -0600
I can't quite agree on the leaderboard business. Some of us simply don't
enjoy operating some modes. Thus we'll never see the top of a
leaderboard. In any case IMHO that's not what constitutes a "good"
expedition. A "good" expedition to me is a well run affair that has
given everyone worldwide a fair opportunity, and (kudos to K4UEE) got
home safely. I think FT5GA was a "good" expedition given their
constraints. But then I worked it on two bands. Even if I hadn't, it was
still good. They were there when they could be.

73 Art