Re: Topband: Tones being transmitted

To: Dennis Peterson <dennisissure@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Tones being transmitted
From: "David J. Schmocker KJ9I" <kj9i@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:37:21 -0600
Guys:
There are a few who are using modes (JT-65A) [designed for EME] on 160m
for some reason.
If you put your radio in USB mode, and tune to 1.836, and then run WSJT
in JT-65A mode (monitor ON), you will decode the callsigns of those
creating these signals (that's where these funny sounding tones come from).
Several of us EME types have encouraged these folks to take the JT-65A
activity above 1.900 MHz or to 6m: 50.200 and up to no avail so far.

73,

Dave KJ9I